The Cincinnati Zoo, Macy’s and Cincinnati Children’s Hospital are partnering with Santa Claus to provide a sensory-friendly meet and greet for our visitors with sensory sensitivities and/or developmental disabilities.
These sensory friendly events will take place in December on the 3rd, 4th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 10th, 11th, and 12th from 1:30pm to 3pm.
The following accommodations will be made for visitors with sensory sensitivities and/or developmental disabilities and their families:
- Reserved times help families avoid standing in a line while waiting
- Holiday music volume will be lowered and bright lights will be dimmed/off, and only one family will have access to the area at a time to avoid additional distraction or stimulation.
- Santa will be in his sleigh this year to help maintain the 6 feet of social distancing, keeping your family and Santa safe. Santa will be wearing a mask.
- Santa is receiving training from Dr. Jen Smith (Cincinnati Children’s Hospital LEND program) for tips and information on interacting with kids with different abilities
- Families can visit Santa and Zoo before the Festival of Lights crowds arrive, and before it’s dark (for those with holiday light sensitivities)
To reserve a 10 minute experience, please click HERE to visit the online store. These reservations do NOT include member reservations or Zoo admission, please make reservations online ahead of your Santa experience. Directions and resources to prepare for your trip will be emailed to you with your timed reservation ticket.
Elite Kids Therapy works hard to find inclusive events and resources for you and your family such as this sensory friendly event held at the Cincinnati Zoo. At Elite Kids Therapy, we offer quality speech therapy and occupational therapy for all children! Our qualified therapists are available through virtual platforms, in your own home, in your child’s academic setting, or in our Mason office. As an Autism and Jon Peterson Scholarship provider these services can also be free to you!
Please Reach Out To Learn More!